Friday, May 23, 2008

The Best Birthday Present Ever........





Was going home from the Hospital on Tuesday afternoon. If you didn't already know Isaac was in the hospital this last weekend. My three boys came down with the stomach bug everyone is catching around here. Ben and Micah, While legitimately ill, didn't have it as bad as Isaac. He started with "flu like symptoms" (direct quote from ESPN about any basketball player who is in the bathroom non-stop doing his thing when sick) Friday and by Sunday he still was keeping nothing down or in. He was just laying on the couch practically comatose on Sunday and we decided it was time to take him into the Dr.'s. It was a good thing we did. He was pretty dehydrated and the doctor sent us straight to the hospital. Isaac was a little trooper. Imagine being a 3 year old and trying to understand why all these women are trying to poke a long needle tube into your arm while mommy and Grandpa are holding you down. After the nurses finally got the IV in (after a lot of blood shed!) They told Isaac that the hurting was all done and he wiped his tears and said "Thank you" in his sweet little voice. He was so brave and strong. We were there until Tuesday Afternoon when he started acting like himself again (bouncing, literally, off the walls). Tuesday happened to be my birthday. 27 years of a wonderful life. What better way to celebrate it than with Greasy hair, no sleep, a sore throat, and a wonderfully healthy boy!

8 comments:

Elisa said...

Happy Birthday! I'm so sorry about your family's sickness. I'm glad to hear that things are going better.

Beth said...

Wow; sorry Isaac was in the hospital (and you all were sick)! He looks pretty happy in those pictures, at least -- glad you are all feeling better.

Tiffany said...

That is so sweet that he said "thank You" about not getting any more "hurts." Poor little guy. I'm glad he's feeling better!

Cynthia and Bryan said...

Happy Belated Birthday !! Glad that everything is alright. Let us know if we can do anything for you guys this week, I know it is going to be wild and crazy.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!! I wish that we could have another girl night movie too!

I am glad Issac is feeling better, Good luck on your move this week.

Kelly said...

Poor Isaac! its so hard to see your baby in the hospital. I'm glad he's doing better. Happy Birthday!

AOlson said...

Happy Birthday! I am glad Isaac is better. Good luck with the move!

Clark Family said...

What a brithday present! I'm so glad Isaac is better!!