Monday, May 12, 2008

"Hello Everybody. I am going to talk into the microphone!"

So on Sunday Isaac was asked to give the scripture in opening exercises for Primary. Ben obviously was there to help him and unfortunately I was stuck in the nursery so I wasn't able to witness it first hand but I can believe it. Let us back up to Sacrament meeting. The Primary gets up to sing and the Primary president helps Isaac get up to the stage area. First mistake, putting Issac in front of the microphone. Yes he was right in front of the microphone and it was turned on. Second mistake, thinking he would sing instead of commentate on the singing. This is what we heard. "Hey everybody, hey hey everybody. I'm Isaac. We are singing right now. Hi, mommy!" And during this everyone is trying to get the microphone away from him, while smiling and singing. So now we come to Scripture time. Ben tells me they get up there and Isaac proceeds to say, "Hey everybody. I am going to talk in the microphone. Ok?" Ben says he then starts a monologue which Ben then has to cut off and read the scripture for Isaac. As my Father says, "Who would have thought a male would need to verbalize so much!" Well, he is his mother's son, I mean come on. When have I been known to shut my yapper. So HEY EVERYBODY, I AM GOING TO GO TALK INTO MY MICROPHONE!

1 comment:

Grammie said...

Wish we could have seen him Sunday. It must have been his Mother's Day gift to you