Saturday, June 12, 2010

U.S.A! U.S.A!

I know you all come to this blog for hard-hitting perspectives on international issues, so allow me the following conclusion from the USA-England 1-1 tie in world cup soccer today: America can do anything better than any other country. We don't even care about soccer here, but we held our own with a country that cares about nothing else. I don't want to hear anything about luck or population differences or how soccer is more popular here than you might think, or what is says that Americans are thrilled just not to loose for once.

Maybe Americans have never been so partisan or ignorant or vitriolic, and maybe our fine nation is the only one in history where this could happen, but I don't care right now. Next I say we make a serious run at the world cricket and ping pong championships.

1776, 1812, 2010!

No comments: