Sunday, August 15, 2010

Someday this fact will seem significant to our children's biographers.


After receiving a hand-me-down Trackmaster train set from Natalie's cousins we now own five rather elaborate toy train systems:

* Classic wooden
* Geotrax
* Take-along Thomas
* Trackmaster
* Lego Duplo circus and freight trains

Exegesis on the societal and familial conditions that result in children having so many toys and likely implications for said children's emotional and academic development is withheld.

And yes, I fully expect to write a similar blog post in about six years concerning iPod Picos or whatever expensive device middle school kids all have at rediculously young ages. In the meantime thanks for the trains Jeff and Shana, the boys are glued to them and haven't touched their Geotrax all day.

2 comments:

Josh said...

I LOVE those blue thomas tracks. I'm always on the lookout for deals on ebay. I like them more than Isa...

Uncle Larry said...

Exegesis huh? do you have a lot of them around your way ?